WXXI Job Opening
WXXI HR Dept.
POSITION: Multimedia Reporter/Producer
DIVISION: Radio and Television
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: News Director
This multimedia Reporter/Producer position requires a journalist with solid entrepreneurial reporting skills who can produce balanced and engaging news content. This content includes audio, video, online and social media content for broadcast and digital platforms. The multimedia Reporter/Producer will file stories for the Innovation Trail upstate local journalism collaboration working closely with the Innovation Trail editor. The multimedia Reporter/Producer will also file stories intended for WXXI audiences and for audiences in other regions of New York State, including as part of broader upstate journalism collaborations.
The multimedia Reporter/Producer also contributes to WXXI’s citizen engagement efforts, social media endeavors, and department housekeeping needs.
- Stay abreast of community issues across upstate New York and specifically in the Rochester region and surrounds
- Conduct regular research to understand issues and terminology associated with the upstate economy and innovation economy
- Cultivate diverse sources. Maintain and enhance journalism contacts as a beat reporter specializing in economy and innovation issues and stories
- Produce multimedia, multiplatform content, including feature and enterprise stories, news spots, blog entries, social media posts, and extensive on-air and online audio, visual and print content
- Work closely with the WXXI news director and the LJC executive editor to ensure consistency of editorial and production standards
- Contribute to special projects such as roundtable discussions, town meetings, multimedia talk shows, live programming and engagement events related to the economy and other issues
- Work collaboratively with a range of external and internal partners
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, communications, or related field
- 2-5 years of on-air experience, preferably in a public broadcasting setting
- Demonstrated on-air ability: authoritative and conversational delivery
- Excellent broadcast news writing and production skills
- Video/audio/multimedia production experience
- Ability to work under extreme deadline pressure
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS MAY SUBMIT COVER LETTER, RESUME AND CURRENT AUDIO & WRITING SAMPLES (INCLUDING SAMPLE OF TALK SHOW HOSTING, IF AVAILABLE) TO: email@example.com OR MAIL TO:
WXXI HR Dept.
280 State St.
Rochester, NY 14614