WXXI Job Openings
REPORTS TO: Executive Producer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Exempt
This position works to further WXXI’s mission to engage the citizens of Rochester, NY, and the surrounding community with programming that stimulates thought, expands the spirit, and opens cultural horizons.
The TV producer develops TV programs from concept to completion. Responsibilities include all phases of TV production, from high-definition videography to writing and non-linear editing. Television projects currently underway include local and national series and documentaries, studio production, as well as news and public affairs coverage for television. Since all WXXI productions are developed for on-demand release in addition to broadcast, a working knowledge of multimedia and social media is preferred.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for producing television series and specials.
2. Conceive and/or execute local and national series and specials to include: preparing program proposals / budgets for consideration by general management; researching, script writing, videography, and editing.
3. Supervises the editing of audio and video when necessary.
4. Work with appropriate area individuals and organizations to create local and national outreach programming.
5. Assist other producers or production personnel in the preparation and production of programs as assigned (editing, script and other writing, graphics support, videography).
6. Attend all regularly scheduled group meetings; participate in selected community activities; maintain effective communication with partners and partner agencies.
7. Assist in program promotion by providing information, photos, or other materials needed by creative services and / or interactive services.
8. Assist in the multi-media delivery of television programs (uploading to web, DVD authoring, compression, duplication, etc…)
9. Research new concepts in media production to develop new production techniques.
10. Other duties as assigned.
College degree in communications or related field.
3 yrs as producer. 2 yrs in videography, non-linear editing, and directing; single and multi-camera.
Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, a self-starter with ability to work under pressure with no supervision. Must be able to lift 50 lb, and move freely/quickly. Must be able to work flexible schedule. Occasional travel required.