WXXI Job Openings
REPORTS TO: Executive Producer
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
1. Shooting footage and recording audio that is consistently correct.
2. Lighting to achieve picture that is both technically and aesthetically correct.
3. Compose, format and combine artwork, photographs, special effects, audio and graphics for insertion into media productions to support and reinforce content and delivery.
4. Follow proper procedures on maintaining equipment, supplies, and work areas.
5. Recommend equipment and procedure improvements to the Executive Producer.
6. Stay informed on cutting edge technology and techniques to develop and implement innovative, efficient content for both broadcast and web delivery.
7. Assist producers or production personnel in the preparation and production of programs as assigned (Avid and Final Cut editing, script and other writing, research, graphics support, AD, TD).
8. Assist in the multi-media delivery of television programs (uploading to web, DVD authoring, compression, duplication, etc…).
9. Assist in program promotion by providing information, photos, or other materials needed by creative services and / or interactive services.
10. Participate (produce, shoot, and edit) in the City Production / AV contract.
11. Conceive and/or execute local and national series and specials to include: preparing program proposals, researching, script writing, videography, and editing.
12. Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in television or related field.
- Properly operate videography equipment and provide for the security of said equipment.
- Proficient in use of videotape/audio recording and playback equipment.
- Proficient in use of editing equipment.
- Proficient in location and studio lighting.
- Skilled in field producing.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, a self-starter with ability to work under pressure with no supervision.
- Background with broadcast quality television cameras and editing systems.
- Ability to exercise independent aesthetic judgment
- Must have valid N.Y.S. Driver's License.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb, and move freely/quickly.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule.
- Occasional travel required.