For Immediate Release
WXXI NEWS PRESENTS A SERIES OF REPORTS THAT LOOKS AT SMALL TOWNS IN THE FINGER LAKES REGION
Rochester, New York (July 14, 2011) – Thousands of tourists are flocking to the Finger Lakes Region this summer. They’re touring the wineries, shopping for antiques, hiking, biking, fishing, and swimming. Many will stop to admire the view, but few will take a close-up look at one of the region’s most intriguing features: the small town lives of people who live there year round. WXXI’s team of journalists each picked a different Finger Lakes county out of a hat, and then went there to spend a little time in some of those small lake towns. The weekly series, entitled Reporter’s Notebook: Lake Town Visits launches Friday, July 15 and airs every Friday through August 26 during Morning Edition (6 a.m. to 9 a.m.) on AM 1370/FM-HD91.5-2, WRUR-FM 88.5 and online at WXXI.org.
Below is the schedule of reports from various lake towns, and the reporters that filed the stories:
• July 15: Seneca County, WXXI intern Eleanor Johnstone
• July 22: Tompkins County, Julie Philipp
• July 29: Livingston County, Carlet Cleare
• August 5: Yates County, Rachel Ward/Innovation Trail
• August 12: Cayuga County, Zack Seward/Innovation Trail
• August 19: Ontario County, Helene Biandudi
• August 26: Steuben County, LeShea Agnew
All reports, along with photos will also be available online at WXXI.org/news.
Press Release Index