Friday, April 1 at 1 p.m. – Capitol Steps Politics Takes a Holiday, April Fools Edition
(Rochester, NY) – AM 1370/FM-HD 91.5-2 celebrates April Fools with a half-hour special edition of Capitol Steps Politics Takes a Holiday, airing Friday, April 1 at 1 p.m. and again at 11 p.m. In this annual show the comedy troupe presents a new stardardized test. Five ways to determine if you are an April fool:
1. You just purchased a trip to Egypt, complete with a tour of the Presidential palace
2. You asked the TSA employee to focus his pat down on your shoulders because you're feeling "extra tense"
3. Your farm on Facebook has joined the mafia wars, leaving little time for your friends
4. You hired Charlie Sheen to be the face of your network
5. You get all your news from The Capitol Steps!
The Capitol Steps began as a group of Senate staffers who set out to satirize the very people and places that employed them. The group was born in December, 1981 when some staffers for Senator Charles Percy were planning entertainment for a Christmas party. In the years that followed, many of the Steps ignored the conventional wisdom ("Don't quit your day job!"), and although not all of the current members of the Steps are former Capitol Hill staffers, taken together the performers have worked in a total of eighteen Congressional offices and represent 62 years of collective House and Senate staff experience.
Since they began, the Capitol Steps have recorded over 30 albums, including their latest, Liberal Shop of Horrors and Barackin' Around the Christmas Tree.
WXXI is the essential, life-long educational
media resource for the Greater Rochester area. WXXI
puts the community first with programming that stimulates
and expands thought, inspires the spirit, opens cultural
horizons and promotes understanding of diverse community
issues. Log on to wxxi.org for more information about
our services and programs.