Sunday, December 4 at 11 a.m. – Financial Fitness After 50!
(Rochester, NY) – The nation’s 79 million baby boomers are in a gloomy mood these days. High unemployment, investment scams, declining home equity, rising health-care costs, and low returns on most investments have left many who are near or in retirement confronting a pile of financial worries instead of happy visions of golf, grandchildren and travel. But help is on the way from noted educator, best-selling author, and money manager Paul Merriman, who offers a straightforward, easy-to-follow program designed to help boomers grow and manage their money in retirement. Financial Fitness After 50! airs Sunday, December 4 at 11 a.m. on WXXI-TV/HD (DT21.1/cable 1011 and 11).
Paul Merriman’s five life-changing choices to help boomers grow and manage their money in retirement include:
- Trust the Academics – Listen to the experts who don’t profit from your investments.
- Use Smart Diversification – Use 80+ years of historic data to make smart asset choices. Paul makes it easy.
- Minimize Expenses – Ben Franklin said, “Beware of the little expenses, a small leak will sink a great ship.” This can add two percent a year to your retirement income!
- Automate the Process – Take the emotion out of it. Your worst enemy is often the person in the mirror. Never buy high and sell low again.
- Add Bonds – Do this not only for steady income, but to prevent yourself from making exactly the wrong moves at exactly the wrong time.
When it comes to managing money, Merriman believes that history is the best teacher. He takes complex information about managing money and simplifies it into a doable, step-by-step program that’s easy to follow.
Pictured: Paul Merriman
WXXI is the essential, life-long educational
media resource for the Greater Rochester area. WXXI
puts the community first with programming that stimulates
and expands thought, inspires the spirit, opens cultural
horizons and promotes understanding of diverse community
issues. Log on to wxxi.org for more information about
our services and programs.