Sunday, June 6 at 9 p.m. – The Canadian Tenors: Live in Toronto
(Rochester, NY) – Forging an eclectic blend of classical and contemporary pop that thrills audiences of all ages, the Canadian Tenors — four gifted young men with diverse styles, undeniable charm and international solo success — present their first PBS special: The Canadian Tenors: Live in Toronto, airing Sunday, June 6 at 9 p.m. on WXXI-TV (DT21.1/cable 1011 and 11). Special guests David Foster and Sarah McLachlan join the tenors on stage for this concert event, taped at the Royal Conservatory in Toronto, November 2009.
The Canadian Tenors features the powerful vocals of Fraser, Victor, Remigio and Clifton. They have crisscrossed the globe, charming millions of music lovers with their enchanting voices, delightful sense of humor and memorable music. Now, they bring their magic to PBS.
In The Canadian Tenors: Live in Toronto, the four perform “Your Moment Is Here,” “Adagio,” “O Sole Mio,” “Because We Believe,” “The Prayer” (with David Foster), “Perfect Gift,” “Homeward Bound,” “Always There,” “Remember,” “Non Ti Scordar Di Me” and “Hallelujah” (with McLachlan and Foster).
The Canadian Tenors’ unique repertoire is sung not only in English and French, but also in Spanish and Italian, reflecting the quartet’s multicultural heritage. They have garnered rave reviews and standing ovations around the world; their self-titled debut album went gold in Canada and has been released in the U.S. to critical acclaim. The repertoire of classic songs, along with romantic operatic arrangements such as the haunting and anthemic version of the well-loved “Adagio,” and the extraordinary sensation “Because We Believe,” composed by Foster, Amy Skyla Foster-Gillies and Andrea Bocelli, has earned high praise from critics and fans alike.
Canadian Tenors highlights:
· Currently on an 80-plus city tour in North America, the Canadian Tenors will tour Europe, Asia, Africa and Australia in 2010.
· In February, the tenors performed alongside Celine Dion on Oprah, starred in Dr Phil’s Valentines’ Day special and sang the Canadian National Anthem at the NBA All-Star Game in Dallas before 108,000 fans.
· In March, the four joined forces with Muhammad Ali, Reba McEntire, Glenn Frey and many others for Celebrity Fight Night in Phoenix, raising more than $5 million for charity.
· Your Moment Is Here, written by and performed by the tenors for the 2015 Pan Am Games, was featured on NBC for the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
· The Canadian Tenors opened for President Bill Clinton in cities across Canada and have opened for President George W. Bush, Prime Minister Tony Blair, Prime Minister Stephen Harper, President Shimon Peres and members of the British Royal Family.
· The Canadian Tenors have lent their voices to charities including ONEXONE, SickKids Foundation, Sunnybrook Foundation, Toronto Western and General Hospital Foundation and the Special Olympics; they have performed with such celebrities as Matt Damon, Martha Stewart, Anthony Robbins, Ben Affleck, Hillary Swank, Kevin Costner, Andre Agassi, Martin Sheen, Dr. Oz and many more.
Pictured: The Canadian Tenors — Fraser Walters, Remigio Pereira, Victor Micallef and Clifton Murray — showcase their eclectic blend of classical and contemporary pop.
Credit: Fogo Films in association with International Media.
WXXI is the essential, life-long educational
media resource for the Greater Rochester area. WXXI
puts the community first with programming that stimulates
and expands thought, inspires the spirit, opens cultural
horizons and promotes understanding of diverse community
issues. Log on to wxxi.org for more information about
our services and programs.