(Geneseo NY) The St.
Michaelís community has been part of the Genesee Valley since
worship services were first held in 1819. By 1823, the parish was
officially incorporated in the Diocese of New York, and one year
later, the Rev. Richard Salmon was called as its first full-time
pastor. Experiencing rapid growth, the parish built a brick Gothic
church in 1928 and the consecration of the new church took place the
following January. The current brick and limestone church was
constructed in 1866 to replace the original structure, which had
been deemed unsafe. The Parish House and Rogers Memorial Chapel were
added in 1897, and a rectory was erected next to the church in 1907.